Mergers & Acquisitions
Sales & Marketing
Strategic Catalysts Inc.
Strategic and Financial Advisors to Technology Companies
David W. Rowat has been Founder and CEO of a tech start-up and previously been CEO, CFO, and COO of public and private companies, both as a full-time employee and on contract through Strategic Catalysts Inc.
David has managed finance, operations, administration, and marketing, raised public and private financing, negotiated M&A deals, and managed Boards as Corporate Secretary.
Most importantly, he has been chief strategic advisor and sounding board to many CEOs.
Full Résumé | Director's Profile
Technology Industry Business Associations and Service Providers
- BC Tech Association
- Since 1993, BC Tech (formerly the BCTIA) has been providing opportunities for the tech industry to collaborate, learn, and grow together. They are dedicated to connecting companies, developing talent, sharing stories, and advocating on behalf of tech companies to keep the industry thriving.
- BC Innovation Council (BCIC)
- The BC Innovation Council (BCIC) encourages the development and application of advanced or innovative technologies to meet the needs of industry in British Columbia. They accelerate technology commercialization by supporting startups and developing entrepreneurs, and with their partners, BCIC delivers programs and initiatives that promote company growth, resulting in jobs, increased revenue, and economic development in BC. (BCIC is a Crown Agency of the Province of British Columbia.)
Recommended contact: Carl Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Led by tech CEOs in BC, AceTech is a not-for-profit organization that leverages the collective expertise and experience of successful CEOs and thought leaders to helps CEOs lead better, grow faster, feel empowered, and get connected. AceTech offers a proven growth strategy program, transformative event experiences, and a trusted peer-group for ongoing support.
Recommended contact: Kathy Troupe <email@example.com>
- Victoria Innovation, Advanced Technology, and Entrepreneurship Council (ViaTECbeta)
- ViaTEC serves as the one-stop hub that connects people, knowledge, and resources to grow and promote the Greater Victoria technology sector (Victoria's biggest industry). ViaTEC works closely with their members to offer a variety of events, programs, and services, while also serving as the front door of the local tech sector and as its spokesperson.
- Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum (VEF)
- The Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum is an online and offline platform for entrepreneurs within the technology realm. Through monthly forums and eight events per calendar year (kicking off each season in September), they bring together like-minded people to cultivate connections and create conversations designed to stimulate ideas.
As the premier networking event in Vancouver for technology entrepreneurs, the VEF's core topical focus points include Angel Investment, Cloud Computing, Wearable Tech, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Mergers & Acquisitions, Cleantech, Digital Media, New Technologies, and more.
- T-Net British Columbia
- T-Net provides information and business services to technology companies, industry suppliers and individuals within the BC technology industry which helps them achieve their full potential and strengthens the overall technology community.
The web site that T-Net operates is the leading "portal" for the high tech industry in BC that serves approximately 450,000 web site visitors each month, including their customer base that is partly comprised of over 500 of BC's largest and fastest growing technology companies and many of BC's leading industry suppliers.
- Angel Blog
- This web site is devoted to the development of best practices for angel investors and entrepreneurs. Its goal is to facilitate profitable, fair, and enjoyable interactions between angels and entrepreneurs.
Recommended contact: Basil Peters <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(Return to the list of Link Categories...)