Mergers & Acquisitions
Sales & Marketing
Strategic Catalysts Inc.
Strategic and Financial Advisors to Technology Companies
David W. Rowat has been Founder and CEO of a tech start-up and previously been CEO, CFO, and COO of public and private companies, both as a full-time employee and on contract through Strategic Catalysts Inc.
David has managed finance, operations, administration, and marketing, raised public and private financing, negotiated M&A deals, and managed Boards as Corporate Secretary.
Most importantly, he has been chief strategic advisor and sounding board to many CEOs.
Full Résumé | Director's Profile
Sales and Marketing
- PCsupport.com, Inc.
- Developed and provided online technical support for personal computers.
1999-2001. Direct customer sales. Reviewed marketing collateral for consistency of message and fit with strategic plan. Reviewed product pricing and margin decisions. Co-negotiated major agreements and reviewed all customer contracts.
"For a CFO, David has an uncanny understanding of sales and marketing." - Bruno Hoffman, VP Sales
- Merit Technologies Corp. (now Systech Retail Systems)
- Developer and manufacturer of customized point-of-sale workstations.
1995. As CEO, directly managed four sales professionals generating $8.0 million in revenue.
- Nexus Group of Companies (acquired by Scientific Atlanta)
- Designed, manufactured and marketed cable TV headend products, and held interests in other electronic manufacturing start-ups.
1986-1992: Managed largest account generating one-third to one-half of company revenues. Negotiated two 3-year supply agreements worth $20.0 million in total revenues.
1989: Negotiated strategic development and marketing partnership with a cable TV technology giant.
1987: Managed fifteen person sales team selling to 60 nations.